A very common question that comes my way regularly. Here's a quick rundown of how I see the SEO hierarchy:
1. Keyword Research
2. Website content that's keyword rich & customer/client focused
3. Website design, functionality and UX is sound
4. On-page SEO (meta tags, site speed, link structure etc)
5. Website & SEO performance measuring set up (Google Analytics, Search Console etc)
6. Off-page SEO strategy & Content Marketing (link building, social media strategy, email marketing, paid ads, blogging etc)
7. Regular website & SEO performance monitoring
Of course there are lots of variables in this list, and this list will look a little different depending on where you're at in your business, but if you're thinking, "I really need to get my SEO sorted but I have no idea where to start" then use this list to help you.
Whether you're brand new to running a business and creating an online profile or if you've been operating for 10 years, this list can help you to work out where to begin on your SEO 'journey'
Not sure where you should start?